Sunday, April 25, 2010

21 years 252 months 1095 weeks 7670 days 184082 hours 11044924 minutes 662695445 seconds

crazy to think this is how old i am ... i obviously didn't figure this out on my own ... google is a wonderful thing!


i've always known how much i am loved and blessed, but this year was different.  i spent my birthday alone, other than the few hours with my sister between her two jobs i realized even though i was alone i knew how much i was loved.  i got numerous calls from my brothers, including a 6am wakeup call!  i have been placed in the most wonderful family who i love so dearly!  






this is what i woke up to the other morning ... all sarah!  her amazing creativity!  she told me she couldn't wrap my present ... this was SO much better!  there were also shoes at the door all arranged in a '21'!!  all in all it ended up being a good birthday, it was different but a good one!!


even though it may be lonely at times, there is one verse that i always go to that reminds me that i'm never alone:


'Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you.  For I am the Lord your God'  Isaiah 43:1-3


so to anyone who may come across this, i hope that it can be an encouragement to you also.





2 comments:

  1. Hey brit!
    yeah, i can relate. i just finished having a quiet, uneventful birthday with my siblings. and like you, i found it bearable :P in fact i enjoyed it...!
    it sounds like your family really loves you!! good to remember these things eh?
    love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ".. HE changes times and seasons ..." Daniel 2:21

    different = new novel :)

    love love ya!

    ReplyDelete