i've decided, as i have in previous years but have never succeeded, that this year i'm going to read more. but actually 2017 is the year. i am going to commit to reading 20 books this year. doesn't sound like a lot on one hand, but on the other, i'm like omg that's a lot of books (!) anyways, here goes nothing!
i've taken a list of books to read from Dear Crissy and a few from top 10 lists on indigo and a couple that i've been wanting to read. i'm going to start using goodreads (which i'm really hoping keeps me motivated ... and if you are on goodreads ... let's be friends! *insert my link for goodreads to find me, but i don't know how to do that*)
some of these ... i'm not really sure if they will be my style ... but meh why not give them a try. i wanted to read some non-fiction, fiction, biographies/autobiographies and some "self-help" books ... so there's some variety!
i went on the calgary public library website today and started putting holds on these books ... so i'm at 20+ holds right now ... haha i'm like pretty much i'm crazy pants.
here is my list ... 20 of which i must read before december (!):
1. spinster: making a life of one's own by kate bolick
2. orphan train: a novel by christina baker kline
3. the underground railroad: a novel by colson whitehead
4. truly madly guilty by liane moriarty
5. the nest by cynthia d'aprix sweetney
6. the tipping point: how little things can make a big difference by malcolm gladwell
7. the book thief by markus zusak
8. the zookeeper's wife: a war story by diane ackerman
9. me before you by jojo moyes
10. moonglow by michael chabon
11. bring me back by micalea smeltzer
12. small great things by jodi picoult
13. faithful: a novel by alice hoffman
14. all the missing girls by megan miranda
15. what she knew: a novel by gilly macmillan
16. the nightingale: a novel by kristin hannah
17. a man called ove by fredrick backman
18. a house without windows by nadia hashimi
19. it ends with us by colleen hoover
20. i let you go by clare mackintosh
21. you are a badass: how to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life by jen sincero
22. dark matter: a novel by blake crouch
23. the magnolia story by chip and joanna gaines
24. the couple next door by shari lapena
25. when breath becomes air by paul kalanithi
26. hidden bodies by caroline kepnes
27. the girl before by jp delaney
28. the silver star by jeannette walls
29. we were the lucky ones by georgia hunter
30. the improbability of love by hannah rothschild
ok there it is! i feel like this is a huge commitment and feels like a lot of reading ahead of me! haha but i am excited. i'll be posting a blog post with each book i read. this is in no particular order of how i will read these books. right now i am reading spinster: making a life of one's own. i'll post something in the next little bit and give some updates about it as i go.
i may add or remove books as i go, but will keep this as up to date as i can!
and now ... i must read ... ha ha ha
much love, b